ARTHUR C. LEE MUSIC STUDIO POLICY
- Students are expected to sign up for the full term and register 3 weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
- I generally follow the Portland Public School calendar for winter, spring and summer breaks.
- My base rates are:
- 30 minutes - $25
- 45 minutes - $40
- 60 minutes - $50
- Add an additional $10 for every 5 miles I have to travel to have lessons at your home.
- 2017 Winter term, 1/2 - 3/26 (12 weeks):
- 30 minute lessons : $275
- 45 minute lessons: $440
- 1 hour lessons: $550
- There is a charge for traveling to your home which will be determined on an individual basis. Again, I add an additional $10 for every 5 miles I have to travel to your home
- Summer lessons will be scheduled on an individual basis.
- Families should expect a yearly increase in tuition appropriate to cost of living increases and services offered.
- Payment is accepted in full, or by the month, and is due at the first week of the term, or the first week of the month if paying monthly.
- I accept payment by checks, credit or debit cards, and electronically via PayPal or Square. I charge a merchant fee, if any.
- Make checks payable to ‘Arthur C. Lee’
- Attendance, Cancelations and Make-up lessons
- Make-up lessons are offered the last week of the term, and are limited to one per term. Students who have not missed a lesson for that term can have a free lesson that week if they choose.
- At least 48 hours notice is required for cancelled lessons. I will try and reschedule that lesson to another time during the week, if at all possible. If not, it will have to be made-up at the last week of the term.
- Except for illness or an emergency, cancelled lessons without 48 hour notice are considered ‘no-shows’ and cannot be made-up. The student will have to give up their time slot after the third no-show and be placed on the waitlist.
- I treat all Monday holidays as a normal teaching day.
- Snow days are expected to be made-up.
- Generally, I expect my new students to practice around 15 - 20 minutes everyday. Once they get up to around level 1B in their method books, I expect around 30 minutes of practicing.
- And yes, my students are expected to practice everyday! But at the same time, I think it’s very beneficial to step away from their instrument every once in a while. So taking a day off during the week is fine.
- Books and Materials
- Piano: I generally use the ‘Alfred’s Basic Piano’ method books, but also like the ‘Faber Piano Adventure’ series.
- Guitar: I like to use Dick Bennett’s series ‘Guitar for the Small Fry’ or ‘Alfred’s Kid’s Guitar Course’ for my younger students, and Dick Bennett’s ’The Primary Method’ for older students.
- I supplement other material where I see fit.
- I hold recitals for my students twice a year, on the Saturday before the last week of the Fall and Summer terms.